Software Engineer, Back End (Java)
We’re looking for a Java Software Engineer to join our growing development team and help us improving the capabilities of our Information Insight Data Platform. Customers can use B4SII to collect, structure and value their data and answer questions that challenge their business.
Working for oppScience is the opportunity to work on a complete data platform with many components and multiple challenges such as scalability, resiliency, High Availability, Security, etc.
We need a candidate who likes to be part of an ambitious project, understands core features in detail and is able to identify and report problems. Java and the JVM have no secrets for you and you are comfortable with working in an English-speaking environment.
- Collaborate with Product management and other engineers to help define, scope and implement high quality features for our platform.
- Report and document your work following the agile methodology principles.
- Help us deliver the best content possible.
- BS in Software Engineering or related field
- 3+ years of Java programming in a development Team
- Experience with building backend services.
- Good oral and written communication in English
- Pragmatic and Proactive
- Experience with Spring Framework
- Experience with working with a remote development team
- Fluent with NoSQL technologies
- Experience with Search technologies such as Elasticsearch, Solr or lucene.
- Experience in distributed java programming
- Phone call interview
- Technical tests