8 September 2022
SEMANTIC ANALYSIS FOR CYBER INTELLIGENCE
CYBER INTELLIGENCE, AN ESSENTIAL BUILDING BLOCK OF CYBERSECURITY
In the world of cybersecurity, cyber intelligence analyzes, classifies, and reconciles information to identify and predict threat scenarios and cyberattacks.
Cybercrime is constantly evolving; cyber intelligence aims to identify its ‘patterns’ and develop new strategies to anticipate cyberattacks.
To achieve this goal, we must implement continuous information analysis processes that are based on artificial intelligence algorithms and use technologies such as semantic analysis and machine learning. These two technologies, which allow the analysis of large amounts of data, are major components of OPPSCIENCE’s platform.
Cyber intelligence helps cybersecurity professionals better anticipate emerging threats. It facilitates the pooling of data sources, and the exchange of information and best practices. Sharing this data helps increase the responsiveness of cybersecurity services.
Spectra’s Cyber Intelligence is equipped with IAM (Intelligence Analysis Management), which analyzes and structures large amounts of information from multiple sources to transform it into actionable intelligence. To this end, Spectra conducts a series of operations:
- We obtain contextual knowledge by firstly federating multi-sourced data and then cross-referencing the extracted information, regardless of the data’s original format (text, image, audio, photo, video, etc.). The sources of data could be tools (such as OpenCTI) or subscriptions to data banks.
- Monitoring open networks such as DeepWeb and the Darknet, or IRC channels
- Identification of corporate information made public illegally or sold fraudulently such as data leaks or breaches of intellectual property.
- Study the persistence of data, for example, understanding the semantics used on social networks.
Spectra’s Cyber Intelligence solution analyses the unified information, and allow users to visualize it in different views according to their needs:
- in a 360° view: a detailed profile of a determined element.
- in a Graph view: a global mapping that illustrates the relationships between each element.
This will allow the user to paint a portrait of the attackers or to highlight trends such as the sectors of activity affected, the methods used, and/or the origins or the targets.
This profiling creates a better defense against cyber threats and permits the anticipation of various incidents by detecting the beginning of a large-scale attack.
The intelligence brought by OPPSCIENCE’s IAM to topics such as cybersecurity helps improve data quality to make better decisions.